We take the private nature of your personal information very seriously. We are committed to protecting it.
In terms of personally identifiable information (PII), here are the list of information we track, and the justifications behind it:
- Name and email address. We collect this when you create a user account with us, to be able to differentiate separates users of our service
- Aggregate data on usage of our service. We record industry standard info, in aggregate, for the purpose of improving user experience (including IP addresses, browser types, operating systems, features used etc)
We safeguard all data given to us, and limit the amount of data we share to 3rd parties. The only cases when we will share data with 3rd parties are:
- with companies providing services to us (e.g. data hosting on Amazon, credit card processing using VISA etc) that are legally bound to safeguard all data, including PII
- court ordered sharing. If requested by law or court orders, we will promptly notify user of legal requirement to share PII, and work with user to obtain confidential treatment, protective order or other remedies to limit disclosure"
As a user, you retain ownership of data you've accumulated through the user of our service. If as a user, you request to delete PII and other data, we will purge them from our servers and storage.
We are compliant with GDPR, the European Unions' regulation for protecting citizen's data privacy and giving citizens more control over how their personal data is used by companies.
Here are some GDPR-related controls that we offer you as a user. Simply submit a request to us, and we will help you with the following, free of charge:
- access to your personal data that is being stored on our systems
- access to info on where and for what purpose your personal data is being used
- use your "right to be forgotten". That is, to have us erase your personal data on our systems, and to stop third parties from processing your personal data
- withdraw consent easily. That is, to stop us from recording your personal data
If you have any questions about GDPR privacy, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.